Right From The Start

Post bug reports and perfomance issues here

Right From The Start

Postby xX360Xx » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm

So a few things i noticed were buggy.

*movement is buggy, slow, and not very responsive. even with proper graphics adjustments things weren't any better.

*Jumping seems to be dictated by energy so i keep getting stuck going up the the terrain (trying to go up)..

*if there is a block, one blocks depth under the top of the water i can get out. If there is a block 2 block under i can't get out at all. **also movement through h2o is awful as well**

*my player seems to turn into a bunny when i cross over snow. Its like i am hitting the space bar a bunch of times (randomly) when i am not doing it...

*i cannot for the life of me figure out how to eat.. maybe i just haven't learned yet or something but i tried to eat and nothing worked

*when i am mining, the crosshairs will clearly be on one blocks hit box yet somehow be hitting other blocks around it randomly

*randomly losing control of the players (crosshair) vision/ looking. I know [tab] brings it back. But it does at the moment seem like its doing it on its own.

*random game crashes when even just walking around :(

Thank you for hopefully trying to re-create any of these issues to fix, i know its not much to go on at all and i don't fully understand what i'm doing but i figured someone has to have had the water and snow ones for sure. I am happy to be a part of this growing community, its got some amazing potential from where it stands already!

Re: Right From The Start

Postby s33m3 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:10 pm

Hello, tx For the feed back.

Let's take your point.
1) Concerning the movement. Can you give more information ? By buggy you mean not smooth ? Do you have this problem with a new single player map generated ? Have you try to reduce the amount of chunk visible ?

2) I agree that jumping is too hardcore and ask too much energy.

3) the water problem are known and must be reworked.

4) the snow jump bug is unknown, need to test it.

5) I don't think that eating is possible for the moment, to get back heath, for the moment you should build a soulstone

6) Concerning the crosshair things. You can change targeting mode by pressing the tab key. In the default mode you don't see the mouse cursor, there you have the aim at the Crosshair at the center of the screen. In the other mode, you see the mouse cursor in this mode the crosshair is not use anymore, but the mouse cursor itself, giving you the possibility the target thing quickly with the mouse.

7) convening the crash we need the log in order to understand what went wrong. You can find the log in %temp%\utopia-client-[date].log

C you !
Utopia team

Postby ErtyHackward » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:37 am

Hello guys!

Really strange to hear about so many bugs at once.

5. Eating is definetely possible. Put the food in your arm and then press left mouse.
Utopia team

Postby xX360Xx » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:16 pm

Another small one i have noticed simply because me and a friend both installed this game while hanging out and both of our did this. When set-up is complete the option to create a desktop icon was checked for both my friend and i and both of us got a shortcut icon (on the desktop) that isn't connected to the actual games launcher. The launcher is locatable but as for the desktop icon, it doesn't do anything.

Return to Bugs and problems