Voxel models catalog

GoatRoast

Postby dragoonwys » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm

dragoonwys
Artist

Re: GoatRoast

Postby dragoonwys » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Since we could kill animals, thought that it would be nice to get meat XD

On the side note, the goatroast model seems to have a glitch in the layout mode, an extra model of the goat roast is stuck there for some reason and it's not on any layer.
And it might be nice to have rotation based on where you are facing for food when placing them like the other entities, currently all food face north only and comes as a little problem when decorating ^^a
Last edited by dragoonwys on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
dragoonwys
Artist

Postby ErtyHackward » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:47 am

As always great models! Will add them soon.

I know about food orientation problem. I thought to introduce possibility to rotate the entity before placement. This should give more possibilities for decoration. (example: rotating the barrel to horisontal orientation). Need to think how to do that. I think about using mouse wheel with some key pressed.

For example:
shift + mouse wheel = rotation in x axis
ctrl + mouse wheel = rotation in y axis
alt + mouse wheel = rotation in z axis

The other possibility is to calculate rotation completely from player view vector. Currently we have Y-axis calculated in this way for the furniture.
ErtyHackward
Utopia team

Postby ErtyHackward » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:31 am

About the model "glitch". It seems you found a bug. I can't reproduce it. It should be linked somehow to parts manipulations. Do you remember what you were doing? Can you reproduce it?

Anyway I've added additional check to remove "ghost" parts when you selects or saves the model in the editor. And I've fixed your model and pushed it to the server.
ErtyHackward
Utopia team

Postby dragoonwys » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:42 am

Thanks for everything Erty! ^v^

Hmm, yeah I think the mouse wheel system might do the trick for more variations in placing models, it be very cool to place some of the vertical models horizontally or slanted ect.
But I also think that if people were just trying to place a model to face the right direction, the fastest and most beginner friendly way would be to place items completely from player view like what we have for the furniture.
Maybe we could have a way that incorporates both of them? Or a method to switch them on and off like 'enable advance rotation' option, just tossing thoughts out.

Ah I see, hmm this is how it looks from my view. While it doesn't end up in the final model, it just shows in the layout mode, deleting the parts doesn't seem to effect it at all, it's like there's an invisible layer somewhere. I was just adding a new part when it first appeared and it stayed there since then.
Attachments
ghostmodel.png
ghostmodel.png (102.62 KiB) Viewed 2008 times
dragoonwys
Artist

Postby ErtyHackward » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:54 am

I can see the glitch in your model. I've fixed the model. But to fix the bug and not allow this to happen again I need a way of reproducing it. So if you will notice a way to make it, tell me.
ErtyHackward
Utopia team

Postby dragoonwys » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:12 am

Ahh, okay I'll tell you once I get this problem again ^^
dragoonwys
Artist

Return to Model Store